Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Megger
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has happened about couple of weeks ago as there was burning smell from right-hand rear wheel - smells like coming from a grinder!

My friend has checked it out and found that the lever (dunno what to call it) was struck, won't come loose so he applied WD40 to it and pushed it forward/backward to loosen it. It worked fine for about a week then it came back, getting worse now.

So I took the wheel off and did the same again with WD40...this time, it is still bit stuff. What should I do? Take it off and inspect inside?

Gary

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
common mk3 fault and the subject of a recall :L

·
Megger
80 Posts
Thanks, does that warrants free part replacement and labour from Ford dealer?

EDIT: Well, I called Ford using number from their website and based on my chassis number, they told me that there was no recall for my car!? :shifty:

Should I be better off calling local dealer?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
As a follow up to my post, Ford Main Dealer wanted £232 inc VAT for a new caliper :surprised: ), whereas my local motor factors only wants £56.53+VAT and will give me £35 back if I return the old caliper to them :D

Bargain ;)

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.