Resident Wrestling Legend
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the last 2 years and 400 miles the car has had:
new rear discs
new rear pads
new rear calipers
new handbrake cables
yet the handbrake is still rubbish, even with it fully cranked up to the max the brakes just don't hold on
could it just be that i've not used them much and they've glazed over?
i've tried to glaze bust them last time before i fitted all new stuff but to no avail
worst case scenario i'll just chuck on another set of discs and pads, anyone got a euro parts discount code for 60% off then?
lol

·
Clever Clauggs
4,350 Posts
Bosch Rear 2x Brake Discs 0986479068 BD1005 - GENUINE - 5 YEAR WARRANTY | eBay
I've just put Bosch discs on rear and new old stock ford pads bargain £15,oiled under rubber caliper lever seal, osr caliper original 2002, checked slider pins rubber sleeve (silicon brake grease) and handbrake holds perfectly like new.
Probably caliper cable lever at fault not working properly as rhs/osr new caliper of mine failed after a year thats why i still got original caliper on one side.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Hi

Never found the handbrake on the MK3 that good. Brakes fine for most driving and strong enough for MOT however slope out of village onto main road would easily defeat handbrake without a little help from right foot. With low mileage you quote surfaces probably not getting a work out to maintain optimal surface friction. Perhaps remove discs and rough up both sided with coarse Emery paper.

Peter

Reactions: dojj

·
Resident Wrestling Legend
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's the plan for the weekend, if i can find the flap disc for the angle grinder lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts