Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh dear, oh dear oh dear oh dear.

I found this for sale and i think i will be having nightmares tonight, i cannot un see it and will be scarred for life lol.

What on earth was going through the mind of the person who did this?

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive tire

·
Little Megger
4,730 Posts
No wonder its up for sale

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm sure there's a good car underneath all that tat
its a diesel so not even anything special but hey, at least he didn't vandalize a V6!

That ridiculous wing on the boot has me wondering, could you even pass an mot with it fitted, surely that would be classed as a danger to pedestrians in an an impact?

·
Registered
2017 Mondeo ST Line X hatchback 2.0 TDCi 180.
651 Posts
its a diesel so not even anything special but hey, at least he didn't vandalize a V6!

That ridiculous wing on the boot has me wondering, could you even pass an mot with it fitted, surely that would be classed as a danger to pedestrians in an an impact?
no reason why not. theres no sharp edges on it, and it is obviously secure.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no reason why not. theres no sharp edges on it, and it is obviously secure.
But it protrudes from the body and would cause significant injury if a pedestrian was caught by the overhanging sides or went over the top of it, Jag bonnet cats were banned for that reason.

·
Hiding under a Rock
940 Posts
external protrusion is more to do with front of the car.

·
Little Megger
4,730 Posts
Has somebody snapped it up yet?

·
Little Megger
4,730 Posts
What's those things stuck across the roof just above the rear window...?
It can't go THAT fast Rex, 'cos it hasn't got' Tate & Lyle' gofaster stripes....*
*You've got to be a certain vintage and have been a Daily Mirror reader to understand that reference!

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,439 Posts
What's those things stuck across the roof just above the rear window...?
It can't go THAT fast Rex, 'cos it hasn't got' Tate & Lyle' gofaster stripes....
They look like those no nail picture hooks 🤣

·
Registered
2017 Mondeo ST Line X hatchback 2.0 TDCi 180.
651 Posts
But it protrudes from the body and would cause significant injury if a pedestrian was caught by the overhanging sides or went over the top of it, Jag bonnet cats were banned for that reason.
as others have said, thats more to do with the front than the sides/rear as a pedestrian can be hit by a car and fall onto the emblem. Jaguar opted to remove the leaping cat from the bonnet, but they could have made them collapsible like Mercedes did with their badge, or even like Rolls Royce did with their 'spirit of ecstasy' prior to it becoming mechanically removable (it basically flipped inside out from memory) so it doesnt dig into people as they fell on it. to the sides and rear, as long as no sharp edges and its secure, then no issue. if you were to hit someone hard enough that they would go over the spoiler, chances are the damage has been done long before they got over the spoiler

1 - 16 of 16 Posts