Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have a 99' ford ka which i bought a year ago at a seriously low price as a general run around. Now we have a second car and i want to turn the Ka into a potential track car and was looking for any advice on any possible engine transplants i could consider. At the moment i have the honda B16a2 block in mind ( if it fits in a Mk 1 mini......) but if anyone has any advice or guidance as to which direction i should be looking in then great! Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all, i have a 99' ford ka which i bought a year ago at a seriously low price as a general run around. Now we have a second car and i want to turn the Ka into a potential track car and was looking for any advice on any possible engine transplants i could consider. At the moment i have the honda B16a2 block in mind ( if it fits in a Mk 1 mini......) but if anyone has any advice or guidance as to which direction i should be looking in then great! Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,655 Posts
I dont think the Honda block will make for an easy installation, this is what you want:

2.0 Zetec Silvertop engine and loom.
If you have the cash add Throttle bodies and hot cams with a stand alone management system = good power from a proven engine, high revving screams and fun guaranteed!

This has been done before so we know it works well.

There was a guy who installed a rear mounted Poxhall v6 in a Mk1 Ka, but for cost and east of installation and future potential the zetec is the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice, done a bit of research on the transplant you mentioned and looked good. Been hunting around for a donor and the whole build is lookin around 2K for the way i want it so looking forward to starting!

·
Premium Member
7,655 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,655 Posts
Topics merged

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
poxhall powered:

·
Premium Member
7,655 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
the b16 produces more power than the 2l zetec....even with throttle bodies and cams

a bit of fabrication work would be fun as well, go for the honda!!!!

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
the b16 produces more power than the 2l zetec....even with throttle bodies and cams

a bit of fabrication work would be fun as well, go for the honda!!!!
should imagine its either half done or project abandoned by now, due to lack of updates...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.