Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Megger
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can any one help me ? I have a mk1 2.0 ghia but resonly the driver side heated screen has stoped working ?? Is there seperate power to each side of the screen are is the something else that may be the problem ,Many thanks Paul :thankyousign:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, first of all, yeas there's two separate power supply for each side of front windscreen. The conectors are under screen of windshield on the both side of the car.The conector is a small cube with two pins. Then try to check this conectors,unplug them and clean them inside from rust or just use some cleaner for electric joints.
On the other hand check the fuses in fusebox. There is two separate fuses for each side of windscreen.
At last take a good beer, and give a break it's just a common failure in Mondeo or other Ford cars.
The last solution is buy a new windscreen, in Poland you should pay 100Euro for brand new windscreen with heating.

Best regards ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Any tips for getting the wiper arms off the spindles to get at the connector plugs? I have the same windscreen heating problem and can not get wiper arms off (after nut removed!) as they must have been on from day one!
Tried usual careful levering with spanner but all I can hear is the plastic protesting and I reckon it will break if I put too much leverage against it.

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
petep900 said:
Any tips for getting the wiper arms off the spindles to get at the connector plugs? I have the same windscreen heating problem and can not get wiper arms off (after nut removed!) as they must have been on from day one!
Tried usual careful levering with spanner but all I can hear is the plastic protesting and I reckon it will break if I put too much leverage against it.
You need to break the seal between the spindle and the arm caused by corrosion, just turn the wiper from side to side as though you are trying to wipe the screen while at the same time trying to pull it outward off the spindle, this usually does the trick, as a last resort you can use a puller and there is a special type available for wiper arms.

Fuses 5 & 6 in the under bonnet fuse box are the ones you need to check.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.