Ford Automobiles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I have read that some of the last mk3's didn't have the full wiring in as other models did!

I bought a leather interior 3-4 weeks ago & haven't had the time to install!,
which was to my advantage because i may have a full recaro interior !

Anyway only just had a look under the seat & the multi block connectors haven't got any wiring to the Blue & Green connectors !!!
I did however look behind the radio & the heated switch plug is there & the lights come on when the buttons are pressed !

So my question is : will there be any of the wiring there ! or not,
Will it be tuck away under the carpet or will i have to make up a new loom from fuse box to seats ?

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
Would like to know also as I have installed half leather and no heated wires to the seats but the is for the switch I know there has to be a relay help anyone!

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
if you have no wiring to the seat plugs then sadly it sounds like you will have to add the missing run of wiring to each seat ( 4 wires per etc )

if you have the switch wiring then it sounds like you got a fully loaded dashboard loom but the floor loom has been picked clean of all but the required wiring
so you will have to add the wiring to the floor loom between the seats & the floor loom to dash loom connection plug - not difficult if you can grab yourself a floor loom from a local scrappers or some such ( or even just the plug ends & make your own connection between the 2 ends etc.

no doubt there may be a thread or 2 about the retro-fitting of facelift into pre-facelift etc which may have wiring info in it which will show you the run you will need to add etc ( my wiring info only covers early mk3's & the early 1st facelift, anything newer & i aint got the diagrams for it

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been looking so hard for a diagram or someone the explain I can run the two wire to each seat one being power and the other earth it's the from the up down arrows switch to the 4 wires and a relay and bits and bobs

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you have no wiring to the seat plugs then sadly it sounds like you will have to add the missing run of wiring to each seat ( 4 wires per etc )

if you have the switch wiring then it sounds like you got a fully loaded dashboard loom but the floor loom has been picked clean of all but the required wiring
so you will have to add the wiring to the floor loom between the seats & the floor loom to dash loom connection plug - not difficult if you can grab yourself a floor loom from a local scrappers or some such ( or even just the plug ends & make your own connection between the 2 ends etc.

no doubt there may be a thread or 2 about the retro-fitting of facelift into pre-facelift etc which may have wiring info in it which will show you the run you will need to add etc ( my wiring info only covers early mk3's & the early 1st facelift, anything newer & i aint got the diagrams for it
Hi compuwiz,
Thanks for your reply,
If you could send me what you have on the wiring that will be great!.
Where would the wires go to from the seat plug?
Is it to the fuse box or is there another block connector along the way?

Thanks Steve

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
added both LH & RH but looks to be wired upto the same points as far as i can tell.

C60 / C61 are the Seat plugs ( so 61h = h location in the plug etc - there is a diagram floating round to better show that layout
)

C71 is a big plug clipped to the RH A-pillar trim just behind the dash which is basically the connection between the dashboard loom & the floor loom ( so remove lower dash panel etc - probably blue in colour at a guess - it was on my 2001 mondy when i had to add the dash side wiring to my heated seats )

C31 is the upper plug in the grey clippon section beside the glovebox fusebox ( see WIKI guide on fuse & relays for a piccy to better help there.

Attachments

Reactions: dojj

·
Resident Wrestling Legend
3,959 Posts
added both LH & RH but looks to be wired upto the same points as far as i can tell.

C60 / C61 are the Seat plugs ( so 61h = h location in the plug etc - there is a diagram floating round to better show that layout
thumb.gif
)

C71 is a big plug clipped to the RH A-pillar trim just behind the dash which is basically the connection between the dashboard loom & the floor loom ( so remove lower dash panel etc - probably blue in colour at a guess - it was on my 2001 mondy when i had to add the dash side wiring to my heated seats )

C31 is the upper plug in the grey clippon section beside the glovebox fusebox ( see WIKI guide on fuse & relays for a piccy to better help there.
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the answers i've been looking for for 3 and a half years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you etc

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,002 Posts
the chap that managed to do this are you still on here cheers
Bearing in mind this thread is at least six years old it may be worth you simply searching this site for one of the numerous threads in installing seats.

The info info you need will depend on whether your car is a pre facelift or facelift model and the same for the seats as pre and post facelift cars/seats have different plug connections and seat heaters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What are the Sxxxx standing for in the wiring scheme , and also what do the arrows mean? & where couls i find C1021 and C1029..

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts