Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Little Megger
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

Here with another problem :yawn: The car is a Mk3 Ghia X and I’ve had this problem before about 2 or 3 years ago but I’ve forgotten how I cured it. The problem is the heater flap moves ok (freely) and the heater flap motor will work when plugged into another cable (direction flap motor cable for instance) although it won’t work when it’s own cable is plugged back into it?. After a bit of messing about it did move “slightly” as I adjusted the heat control up and down but then stopped again, so I can only assume that power isn’t getting to the motor ?. I just can’t remember what I did before to cure it ?.

I know the sensible thing to do would be to plug the cable from the heater control flap motor into another motor but if I do this it’ll mess up the flap settings.

Also, does anyone have the sequence for resetting the heater and air vent flaps. Again, I did have this and I’ve lost it (it’s something like the windscreen heater button has to be depressed for so many seconds and then the foot well button for so many seconds and then something else has to be pressed and all the flaps reset themselves).

Thanks in advance

Andy

·
Little Megger
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pastyman

Bloody Hell, how did you manage to find that old post of mine ?. I looked and couldn't find it!. Thanks for that anyway.

I did whip the motor out yesterday and it was working on another lead but I had to put it back as it was getting cold, dark and starting to snow.

I've got a funeral to attend today so if the weather is ok on Thursday I'll try following those previous instructions and hope it works again. At the moment I've left the flap up in the hot position so at least I have heat. If it gets too hot i can at least turn it off and open the windows.

I'll let you know how I get on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts