Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MEG Admiral
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive noticed on the mirez site that it says do not twist the wires then tape them up... but surely it wouldnt matter if you twisted them... then soldered them.. then taped them up?????

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
i suspect it means dont just twist them and tape them , bad enough at the best of times , even worse with the current that is been drawn !!!!!!!!!!!!!! , twisted then soldered will be fine :L

edit --- thinking on , get yourself some heat shrink tubing , it is a far better solution than electricians tape , and not expensive either , b & q charge about £1.50 for an assortment pack , well worth it in my opinion :L

·
Administrator
13,790 Posts
Spot on, twisting and soldering is fine - I remember writing that because someone on here had said they had replaced it purley by twisting all the wires together and then taping them - no solder or crimps, just the tape. The current is very high on two of those wires and a poor connection could easily create a hotspot causing a car fire, something they didn't seem to care about

Heat shrink tube is indeed better then just tape but you need a heat gun to to a good job with it :L :whistling:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.