Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The glowplug light has just started flashing imeadiately after filling up with fuel, car seems to run OK, but I need to go to Plymouth tomorrow a round trip of 500 miles, is it OK to drive the car, why is the light flashing can't find anything in the handbook about it and the Ford dealers are all closed.

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance Modeo 1.9 TDCi - 02 plate

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Guardtower,

Thanks for your reply, I've tried that, came up with er0206 (I think) I assume that is an error code, any idea what it means? or relates to?

Cheers

A.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
that code isnt an error code most codes start with a p have a look see if it says dhp then flashes none AFTER the er one i think its dhp? not 100% though

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys, I have decided to rescheduled my trip and will try and get the car to the local Ford dealer tomorrow on the off chance they can at least identify the fault. Will let you know what they say.

Thanks again.

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
er0206 prob should be

P0206 Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder 6 :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
heard of that one before yet we dont have 6 cylinders lol

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
yeah but that's what it's sposed to be[shrugs], prob the flux capacitor on its way out :whistling:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Managed to get it sorted first thing on Saturday morning. Local dealer (Evans Halshaw- Bedford) found the fault was with injector 4, but was able to retify it by recalibrating the injectors. £65, a lot cheaper than having to buy new injector(s). Stange it happended imeadiately after filling up with Sainsburys diesel, the tank was pretty low at the time, and all I can think of is that putting in 50 litres of fuel stired up any water or dirt in the tank which somehow got passed the filter and caused a fault to occur with the fuel management system. It must also have switched it in to "limp home" mode as when I started it in the morning to go to the garage the engine wouldn't intialy rev above 1200 revs untill it had warmed up.

Made the trip down to Plymouth and back after all 502 miles - no problems.

Thanks again for all the advice.

A. :L

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.