Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum,

2012 (62) Mondeo Titanium 2.0 Diesel Powershift

Lately i've been experiencing an engine malfunction warning light when sat at a steady constant speed, with a loss power. Turning the engine off for a few minutes clears it, until it returns. I've looked under the bonnet for split pipes etc and spotted this rigid black pipe that is coming from the back of the righthand side of the engine under where the airbox is.

I've traced it back to the top of the gearbox and it is broken at that end so it isn't connected either end! What is this pipe called, what does it do, and where does the end with the bend in, at the front of the engine, actually connect to?!

Anyone got the same make and model that might be able to pop under the bonnet and take a look for
me?

I then know what to call it when I order a replacement. It might not be the cause of the engine light fault but it needs replacing, regardless.

Pics added are one of the front with the bend, one at the back where its broken, and one from above for reference.

Thanks for any info.

Steering part Cable Electrical wiring Gas Wire
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Steering wheel
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone at all? I cant be the only one here with the same make and model? the part number for the hose is AG9N-7B344-BA but brings up nothing that tells he where it connects to

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, will take another look tomorrow. It definitely starts at an outlet from the back of the gearbox (although that connection is broken) I will look around the areas you suggest to see if I can see where the other end might connect.

Thinking of calling my local Ford dealership parts dept tomorrow, now that I have a part number to go on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts