Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello boys and girls,
I'm new here but I have serious problem.

I'm in Croatia, Makarska which is 2200 km away from my city and my Mondeo gone bad.

I have 2008 2.0 TDCI 140HP Automatic gearbox (titanium X if it's matters) with convers+ Mondeo.

So here is my problem.

I bought this car few month ago with 150k km on clock, everything was OK until today.

I was driving uphill 23km and the top was 1800 meters.

Everything was ok, engine temperature, gearbox work. But when i hit the top of the mountain and turned over CHECK ENGINE (or engine mulfunction) error came on dash. I was afraid of turning off car, so i driven down with ERROR on dash. When i reached normal road and hit the gas pedal nothing happened. My car now only goes to 3000 rpm's and it seems doesn't have turbo at all. I guess it's LIMP MODE caused by Mass Air Flow sensor and maybe not very good diesel, but maybe I'm wrong.

So, now to get back home I must drive 2200km back with car without turbo and with error light.

Could you give me some advice? Maybe it's possible to try resetting LIMP MODE (if it's limp mode).

I'm driving back on Friday, so if someone has any ideas please write down.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't changed it, changed air and oil filter and forgot about fuel. But i guess it was changed not so far ago, cause air filter was like new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts