Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum,

I'm in dire need of some assistance.

I recently got my brother's old Ford Ka 2007 1.3 (leftside drive) - but the handbook/instructions are missing. The Ford Ka instructions i was able to find online on www.ford.dk were for 2008+ models and the engines look entirely different from the one in my car.

I want to put more motor oil on it aswell as some coolant, however I have no idea which containers to put what in - or what motor oil to get, since I don't have the instrucions.

Now, I have googled "ford ka 2007" and found that 5w30 motor oil is recommend, can anybody confirm this?

Could someone please upload an image of their engine with pointers to what goes where? I don't have a camera myself, so I can't take a photo of my engine.

I apologize for any difficulties in understanding my questions. English is not my first language so I'm not used to talking about cars in English, and I have a headache from staring at the engine and not understanding anything.

Any help is much appreciated.

Sincerely,
David

·
ME
5,869 Posts
Can't help with exact location of filling points although the oil one should have a picture of an oil can on it or actually say oil and generally found on engine rocker cover, coolant reservoir bottles are normally to the front of the engine bay on opposite side to battery. I can confirm oil is 5w30 fully synthetic. Have you tried a search of google images for a photo of a 2007 Ka engine bay that looks like yours. If you copy and paste a photo from there we might be able to be of better help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts