Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

New to the Forum, been reading as a guest for a while though, great place.

I have a MK7 Zetec S tdci, which now has electrical issues it seems. Immobiliser flashes code 16, which i believe means
no power to PCM. Weirdly, when i tried to pull the relays to check them, as i squeezed with grips to remove the starter
relay to get it out, car tried to turn over (without keys in ignition). Does this mean i have power to fuse box, but
fuel pump/glow plugs/etc are being held off by something ? Lack of power to put all relays and PCM into normal state
to operate?
Can't seem to even locate anywhere i could get a wiring diagram from, and i believe Haynes manuals no longer cover these ?

Any help appreciated, before i burn the things :)
Thanks
Stuntmaneddie

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,439 Posts
Have you tried a different relay in the one that turned the engine over?

·
3,439 Posts
I had the same problem. In my case it was the multiplug for the main engine harness located on the front of the gearbox. You'll need to remove battery tray to access it and do a continuity test on all the wires either side of the plug

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same problem. In my case it was the multiplug for the main engine harness located on the front of the gearbox. You'll need to remove battery tray to access it and do a continuity test on all the wires either side of the plug
Ok, i can have a look at that, thanks. I have also read bad earth points can be a cause. Anyone know if Ford dealers
will supply wiring diagrams for older cars ?

·
3,439 Posts

Have a read through my thread from the troubles I had with mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Have a read through my thread from the troubles I had with mine.
Thanks for that, sounds exactly the issue i have. Will start testing continuity, guess i wm stripping the loom bqck :)

·
3,439 Posts
Thanks for that, sounds exactly the issue i have. Will start testing continuity, guess i wm stripping the loom bqck :)
Not much of the loom needs to be stripped back either side of that plug. Getting the contact to the wire itself is a bit tricky, I used a clothes hanging peg and drilled a tiny hole in it, clip the peg on the individual wire and pop a needle into the drilled hole and then touch the multimeter on the needle

Reactions: stuntmaneddie

·
3,439 Posts

·
3,439 Posts
Make sure you keep us updated every step 👌🏻

·
3,439 Posts
Oooh that's good! I think from memory the wire came from fuse 27 through the loom Into multiplug.
The pcm has I think 3 power feeds so a diagram will definitely help you find them. If you struggle to understand the diagram post a few pictures on here

·
3,439 Posts
Any joy?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thread update - Problem gone!

Well, when i say gone, the car is gone. Tried tracing wires, testing continuity, cleaning and reseating all multi-plugs for the main loom, cluster, CanBus, etc......no change. So, had enough of it, and sold it as it was. Shame, as it was a good car, but it was just getting to point where i was frustrated so cut my losses.

Thanks for all the advice along the way though

·
3,439 Posts
Sorry its got to that stage very frustrating tracing a wiring fault that takes shear determination

Reactions: stuntmaneddie
1 - 15 of 15 Posts