Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new here sorry and thanks in advance.

Right I have recently bought a 05 mk2 focus 1.6 ghia that has a lot of extras that I haven't seen on fords of its age its in top condition but Im just having one problem with it.

I noticed that the screen on the stereo and the two small screens on the dash dont go off for a long time when the car is locked. I have a travelpilot ex and it has a big screen so you can see my concern it really illuminates the car any help with this issue would be appreciated. The car is keyless entry and keyless start.

Thank youu

·
Little Megger
494 Posts
When you say a long time, how long do you mean? Half an hour is about the normal. Are you getting flat battery issues? If not I'd suggest your car is operating correctly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't time it exactly but its greater than ten minutes and I have been told its right but it just dosent seem right having the big screen lit up an the dash lit almost looks like the car is open to people also once it has all gone off if I pull the handle while the car is still locked it all turns its self on again stereo and dash surely that cant be right

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fair enough haha just have to put up with it looking open all the time haha you know much about the stereos im looking to fit the 2010 fx sat nav to my 2005 ghia do you know if its possible

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently had this issue and my battery would just drain and unable to start the car the next day... at the same time my radio stopped working and so thought it must be linked.. diconnected the radio and hey presto it worked.

Cannot fix the radio as it will just not turn on, checked all fuses and wiring still no joy, Installed a aftermarket radio and all is back to normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts