Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i got some vouchers for xmas, there are so many sat nav's to choose from these days i dont know wot's the best for my needs.

I borrowed my bro-inlaws garmin one a couple times now an tho its ok it dont avoid traffic conjestion, is there a make/ brand that does that as a standard thing?

Marty :L

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
My tomtom one has a free months trial, but can i get it link up to my phone???? can i buggery. You can get the speed cameras and stuff and add them as POI's for about 2 quid from websites other than tomtoms(who want a fortune), or i can send u them if u get one lol. But i didnt really say that :gayfight:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:L Not sure what to look for with the sat nav things :blush: off to ask the spotty teenager in the shop wot's then :tongue:

Thanx for the offer of dowloaded stuff M8 :L

Marty

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've got a Tom Tom GO510 and its great for about £300!!

It came with the speed POI's and you can also get live traffic updates whilst on the move (but i've never done that) you can find alterative routes when there is a traffic jam ahead and you can do intinery planning, which is used for when you have lots of different destinations to visit one after the other (good for multi drop drivers)

The mapping software from Tom Tom is the best on the market, but you can get the PDAs with the software for around £400ish. And this can be used for more things than a 510.

I'd be interested in that Mantix ;)

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
if u have the speed cams as POI's then u dont need them m8. The tomtom one does all the above, i might add, i used it for many months whilst lorry driving. It doesnt know the new A1 bit off the M62 however, although its there on the screen its not in the right place so you drive through fields and it tells you to turn right in 5 yards all the time, but other than that i cant fault it.

The traffic alert thing is a subscribtion thing, but as i mentioned you get a free months trail.....if you can get it hooked up with your phone via bluetooth......which i can but it still wont have it :tongue:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ahhh, I thought there might be more speed cameras to buy as the GOV seem to be putting new ones up everywhere on a daily basis. or would these speedcameras be added when you update the tomtom?

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
id guess as yours has it already, it will update when u look for updates on the tomtom software thing, but i dont know. Mine didnt and they want cash from me to put them on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.