Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Hi, and new norwegian member and Mondeo-owner

374 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  audun-eg 
#1 ·
New norwegian Mondeo-owner.

Gone from years with Saabs to a 2010 Mondeo Titanium S 2.2TDCi 175. Actually not sure about the "S", as mine does not have the sport chassis but the IVDC instead. Guess it was a part of a package as mine has hill launch assistent, keyless entry/start as well.

As mentioned I've had several Saabs, and the last one was a 2000 9-5 Aero. As it started to feel a little dated, I jumped on the 2010 Mondeo. And the difference is quiet remarkable. Maybe not a big surprise, but still.... I went for the 175 hp diesel as the Saab was a bit thirsty, but I still wanted some power. The Mondeo delievers more at lower rpm, but lacks the wildness of the Saab. Anyway the Mondeo suits the Norwegian roads and speed limits better. It also handles a lot better, and I find the IVDC useful. The comfort setting will not be used much I guess, but I often toggle between normal and sport. I would like it to be somewhat lower appearancewise, but the most important thing is how it drives anyway.

As for the power I've been searching the internet and especially this forum for a way to tune the engine some, and it seems like many relies on Bluefin, and I'm tempted. I'm just not sure if they can deliever to my car just yet, but I will search out a Norwegian dealer and get some more info. Either way, I guess I'll wait until the 5 year / 100.000km "warranty" has passed. I'm sure some of You gentlemen here will provide some good answers too when I get to that point.

Anyway, here's a couple of pictures of the car before I've had the chance to shine it thoroughly and with the winterwheels on. Looking forward to warmer weather so I can nurse her properly and make her look her best!

99_399509687_xl_zps6704826a.jpg

99_1822552821_xl_zpsab719325.jpg

99_2118181547_xl_zps6fec3e0f.jpg

99_1251559953_xl_zps954ad80d.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi & welcome to TalkFord.com Audun, am sure you will find this site a wealth of information on most Ford vehicles, and will find us all a friendly bunch here. :L

Once you have formalized yourself with the site, why not stick your name down in the area that's appropriate for you so we can keep you up to date with all local things to do with TalkFord.com in your area, such as shows/meets. Click HERE for more information on this and to put your name down in your local area, but the only problem is we don't have an area for Norway yet, but we might do one day, you never know. :L

When posting questions on here not everybody adds the details of what vehicle they are asking questions about, so to help anyone who may have the answers to you questions why not add your some of your vehicle details to your signature. To add a signature you click on your user name next to "Sign Out" at the top right of the page, then click "My Settings" and then click "Signature", from here you should be able to add your signature. :L

#3 ·
Thank you, Baldrick.... (Yes I'm very familiar to the Black Adder series.... B) ) Thanks for reminding me.

When it comes to cars and mechanics, I'm far from a pro, but I would like to think of myself as above average interested in maintaining my vehicle as sharp as possible, and I love driving cars.

Despite of beeing a Saab-man now for almost 15 years, I grew up with Fords as my dad had three MK1 Granadas (2.0L, 2.6GL, 3.0GL), one MK2 Granada (2.8GL), one MK1 Scorpio (2.0i GL) and a MK2 Mondeo (2.0i GHIA). My first car was a '79 Taunus 1.6L which I did a "GL-interior rebulid" with. My second car was a '86 Sierra 2.0iS and I've also had a MK 1 Mondeo STi, so Fords have always been close to my heart.

Somewhere along the line the powers of turbo Saabs appealed to me an I've had a '87 9000 2.0T, a '92 9000 2.3T CD (with factory chip) and my latest '00 9-5 Aero Estate.

Going back to Ford again was an easy route for me, and driving this one makes me feel confident that my next vehicle will also be a Ford Mondeo now that it is in fact, pretty close to Mercs, BMWs Saabs, Volvos and Audis, though more reasonably priced..

Looking forward to exploring this site, not only for the MKIV Mondeo as I'm also historically interested in the history of Ford right up to date.

#4 ·
Welcome to TalkFord. :smoking:

#5 ·
Hi Audun, Welcome to TF! :L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.