Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just found this forum so I thought I'd say hello. Have an 06 Ghia X TDCi 155 in Ink Blue with 18" rims - first Mondeo and first diesel. Fab car but a little thirstier than I expected!

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Hi and welcome.

The thirstyness is probably because its your first Diesel. Its a little bit of an adjustment adapting to driving a Diesel if you are used to a Petrol because you shouldnt really be using the upper revs, but the peak torque which is a lot lower down on a Diesel. Try changing up a gear earlier than you are doing and you may see an improvement. A lot also depends on your journey types etc. (short journeys the economy aint too different to a petrol, long runs are where the economy of a Diesel kicks in).

Have a look in the Diesel Section - you will get some good answers in there :L

·
MEG Sergeant
2,062 Posts
hello and welcome

·
I would love to help you...but I can't fix stu
1,080 Posts
Welcome. Hope you enjoy the site and find it useful!!

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers everyone, and a happy new year to you all. Can't believe it's 3 weeks since I was on here last! Thanks for the comments re the economy, I thought I was being fairly careful - anyway will post in the correct forum when I have a mo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.