Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi how ya doin? ive just got me first mondeo a 1.6 lx it goes all right round town but not got enuff go on the motorway. also my last car was a sapphire 2000e so the missus wants leather back in the car. what do you think buy the interior or buy the 2.5 ghia x. whats the fuel like in a 2.5? what are their common faults? im currently driving a 1997 mk2 hatch so if i went for a ghia x it would be the mk2 model as well. is the wiring for the heated seats and electric windows already in my car? i know i need the window motors
just rabbiting on now but hi im stephen

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Welcome to meg.

If your looking at the V6 engine in the Mk2, then you would be best advised to change the water pump to a metal impellar version (someone on here sells them from time to time).

MPG is dependant on how you use the car. It will strive on the motorway, but round town you are looking at the low 20's.

If you want some poke, but want economy, the 2.0TD isn't a bad engine.

The V6 is more fun tho! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i really need to try the 2.5 ill have a years ncd behind me in feb and only been driving 7 months. my only problem with the mondeo at the mo is it handles well where as my sapphire used to make you think every time i got to a roundabout well shes running on 16 inch ghia alloys that she had on her when i bought her and with 205 50 r 16 tyres onshes well stuck to the road. with the 1.6 engine you cant even spin the wheels not that id want to at £75 a tyre

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
The Mk3 handles remarkably well. I am on 18s at about £120 a tyre, so I don't like to spin them either. The V6 has a lot of poke, and the sound is amazing. You won't be dissapointed with it.

I have 3 yrs no claims too. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive noticed yours is a 2.5 zetec s i thought they were duratecs or is this a different engine i think it would have to be a mk2 as the missus wants one after christmas as theyre a wee bit cheaper

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
stephenf said:
ive noticed yours is a 2.5 zetec s i thought they were duratecs or is this a different engine i think it would have to be a mk2 as the missus wants one after christmas as theyre a wee bit cheaper
The engine is a Duratec. The Model of the car is Mondeo Zetec-S. Not the Zetec Engine, but Zetec Bodystyling.

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
ConcreteMonkey said:
stephenf said:
The engine is a Duratec. The Model of the car is Mondeo Zetec-S. Not the Zetec Engine, but Zetec [color:red]S[/color] Bodystyling.
:whistling: :whistling: :innocent:

G

·
Welcome to MEG mate, dont worry about £75 a tyre try running on 235 35 19's like on my estate and then they are closer to £200.00 a tyre!!!!!!!!

Go for the V6 you wont regret it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.