Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got the flashing coil light and cut out on overtaking on my 2007 115bhp the other day, just after I sorted out the electronic actuator which had been flashing away for a couple of weeks before it. The car is on 170k and I put a new Ford Fuel Filter on it at 165k (€50 at the local Ford Dealer). F-super says P0251 of course (this is my 3rd tdci so I knew before I plugged it in) doing a leak off test tomorrow but I've noticed its already had recond injectors because they've a different type of sticker on them, I plan on recoding them anyway with the Fordiag as I've had success doing this before to sort out knock sensor issues.

Anyway I've been down this road before and ended up changing the fuel pump in a 2002 model which had 380k miles on it and at least 240k miles on the same injectors. 80k of these on the new pump, 'actually was a reconditioned unit)

So can I take that pump from the 2002 car and put it in my 2007, anyone tried it. I hear a new one can go straight in and'learn' the codes but second hand pumps need to be coded, is this correct and if so is the code on it like injectors and can the Fordiag code it in, (must admit I can't see anything on the program)

Hope that's clear enough and thanks for taking the time to read it

· Little Megger
4,940 Posts
Hi, I'm pretty sure that it's the TDDI pump that has to be coded to the engine, the TDCI pump isn't the same beast.

· Super Moderator
31,911 Posts
Yeah TDDI coded not the TDCI, more likely to be the injectors at that mileage.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll wrap it in plastic and stick it in the shed

So as I already said I noticed the car already had a set of injectors at some point but I checked the codes on Fordiag and what was on each injector and noticed none of them were the the same

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I decided to enter in the codes from the injectors themselves obviously whoever put in these reconditioned injectors didn't code them properly

Anyway after a short drive the coil light came back on so recoding them didn't help, leak off test next, I reckon

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any way I can do some sort of leak off test on the injectors when I can't get the car to run. It usually starts but dies immediately unless I keep the revs up with the accelerator pedal (sometimes) Fsuper is showing fuel pressure of only 8/10. Have 3 injectors (of unknown quality) which I've tried swapping around all already and I have also swapped fuel rail pressure sensor and cam shaft sensor and fuel filter was done 5k miles ago.

· Registered
5,522 Posts
Non-starting leakoff test - details in the wiki. Are you getting any codes? What fuel rail pressure do you see engine off?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.