Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right my cat has shat a brick and has giving up the ghost so i deside that iam getting a highflow cat
wot i need to know is will a single down piped version cat fit mine as i have a twin one which is more money

Ford Mondeo 1.8i 1/93-8/96 (Twin Pipe Version) Sports Cat (200 cpsi). [45504]
[SC100509] £269.00

Our Sports Cats are manufactured entirely from stainless steel with a low density stainless steel monolith. The Sports Cats utilise an increased amount of precious metals in order the reduce the number of cells per square inch (cpsi) from the normal 400cpsi down to 200cpsi, thus improving performance by as much as 15 Bhp.

Ford Mondeo 1.8i 1/93-8/96 (Single Pipe Version) Sports Cat (200 cpsi). [35004]
[SC100508] £209.00

Attachments

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the car is a 1800 mrk 1 m reg
just need to know will the pipe fit around the sump and under the car :thankyousign:

·
Likes to make the impossible just happen
1,069 Posts
No as the single pipe one follow a different path under the sump

·
Likes to make the impossible just happen
1,069 Posts
ok

·
MEG Corporal
674 Posts
I tried the single on mine but that was a no go, orignally a double.

·
IS BACK!!
2,976 Posts
15bhp my arse! i had a decat pipe on mine for a while and although there was a small difference in power and a BIG difference in noise i would say that 15bhp is a bit optimistic. i'd ask for a dyno chart to prove their claim before parting with that much money. it would be cheaper to buy a secondhand cat and gut the cat on yours that is knackered.

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
from personal experience i'd rather go for a decat, sports cats are a waste of money and you would be lucky to pass the emissions test if you have any other mods. in my opinion save that money, get a decat and an original cat for mot time

·
Registered
651 Posts
my cat is a single pipe from manifold to centre exhaust.i paid 95 quid for my cat and i got it from partco in manchester.its a powertrain product

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
decats are illegal hense why iam not going down that route i want to stay legal
if caught with out a cat on the road by minstre they will throw the book at you with a load of points huge fine, plus the car will be crushed if needs be if they see fit
not to worried about gains of power the system will be full stainless from down pipe back plus it wil be road legal and i dont need hassel from old bill or when come to mot time each year ,
there is still other mods need doing like cams pulleys and chip and a few other bits to be done which will up the power till i can get my new toy ;) :L

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
Hiflow cats aint rubbish. had one on mine for about a year now and it sailed through the MOT no problem. as well as the other mods i have on the car. so i would go for it mate.

Dan :L

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
some high flow cats are a waste off money and wont pass the emissions, but most will, very much doubt a 15bhp gain, infact back to back tests done on several mg'f's showed 1 bhp gain over standard, and 2bhp gain for decats.

the hi-flows sound louder deaper than standard, but decat even deaper and louder.

i do use a hi-flow cat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts