Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one has me worried now :(

When I start from cold, sometimes when warm, the car fires up then there is a hissing sound, this is about 1 second after its started, so too early for the heaters and it makes it even if they are off.

Any ideas? I would think its the fuel pump or an injector due to when it does it. No other problems that I can tell, driven 600 miles in the last week with no problems

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Have you checked for Snakes, or an annoyed Cat?

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No snake, cats or other creatures in there :eyesup:

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No other ideas?

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Only Snakes and Cats - or possibly a perturbed Hamster.

Is there no performance loss at all - even over the time since you first noticed it (gradual loss)?

Also, is the aircon working OK on cold?

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Performance seems fine, a\c cold.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Has your cat gone missing lately?

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, DOnt have one

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am now thinking injectors again.

Misses was out today and she had a complete loss of power, had to pull over to the side of the road and turn the car off. Restarted it and it was fine.

No warning lights, it just struggled and had to be kept in a low gear to get any power

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
Theres a bloke at work who has a similar problem with his Rover 25, and only when he starts it from cold. Turns out it might be a cam sensor or something along those lines. He's not sorted the problem yet but it's just an idea. Might be worth getting someone out to do a fault finding thing on it? Although that could end up being a waste of money if nothings found.

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
Actually come to mention it, there was a post up a while ago about the EGR pipe being corroded. Might also be worth a look.

Have you checked all the pipes in the enigine bay? Might be a loose vacuum pipe if there is such a thing, or something loose on the intercooler/airbox etc? I have no idea about MK3's but just trying to help! :L

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alun - Dont think it will be the egr as its blocked off so nothing passed through it. I will get it booked into my mate to look at it though.

Kev - Deffo engine, no power loss this afternoon after the problems this morning

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My car man thinks it might be the starter just being noisy and will have a look for me on monday

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.