Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my stearing wheel recently and the horn worked for a couple of weeks after this but has now stopped working, dont think its a problem with the clock spring because the air bag warning system is still working fine, checked all fuses behind the glove box, anybody got any ideas what the problem could be, how do i check relays are still working, need some help soon cause m.o.t time soon

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
unplug the horn in the engine bay & use a spare light bulb for the car ( borrow one from the car is you have to, i used a 501 wedge bulb from the glovebox/footwell lights ) & use a couple of bits of scrap wire to connect the bulb to the connector plug for the horn.

place the bulb where you can see it & press the horn and see if the bulb lights up, if it does then ur horn if the problem.

it will give you a start on where to look, my mk3's horn died mid honk last year but it looked in great nick so tried the above to see if it was getting power & it was so replaced the horn & all was MOT worthy again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.