Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mk 1 v6 Mondy and I have noticed there is a hose with nowhere to go. Asked a mte and he told me it was a suction hose but he was not sure what it was for. Thought here would be one of the best places to ask for help figuring it out. It is located towards the back of the engine and it is connected to something else but I know nothing about cars so could not tell you what it is.

PLEASE HELP?????

·
MEG Sergeant
2,338 Posts
any pics of this? is it to the right of the engine as you look at it?

·
Yo
3,632 Posts
Could be the crankcase breather pipe. Does it go down onto the rocker cover (where the HT lead clip into the engine at the back).

If so it should lead back to the main air intake pipe

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Oggy, Just taken some pics. Hose at the back on the left hand side of the engine and as far as i can see it also connects to an inlet pipe on the water reservior.

I have no idea how to put pics on a topic so I will have to put them on later after I speak to Ketters.

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are the pics, hope it is clear enough on where the hose is situated. I hope anyone can help.

And anyone that doesn't know me. Please understand I know nothing about cars so technical terms will only confuse me. Please make it basic enough or contact Ketters and tell him. THANK YOU

Attachments

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No concreteMonkey, it is the big one with the bolt sticking out.

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EGR Breather?????? No idea what that is mate

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had a closer look and I think I am wrong about it leading to the Water Reservoir. It disappears round the back of the engine and I cannot find the other end. Took the bolt out while it was running and the revs picked up a bit so thinking it might be something important. As the car is running badly on lower revs if I can find where it goes it might heal the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.