Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving through town tonight, go to stop at a set of lights and i find myself with no brakes. :sad: Engine has stalled. Restart the engine and find that it wont idle, runs but very lumpy at low revs.

On closer inspection im gettin a hissing noise when i give it some gas (coming from behind the engine). Had to drive home keeping the revs up.

But what confuses me is that when i went to left foot brake to sustain the revs, the pedal is solid (even with the car running)

Is this probably just a hose split? Would that account for all the symptoms?

Alan

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
Hissing when giving it gas sounds like a boost pipe has burst, I don't know about the brake fault though. Best to get that looked at pronto if you're struggling to stop the car.

:)

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts
sounds lioke the vacuum line to the booster has failed allowing a vacuum leak (the hissing noise) there is no turbo on your car, so there is no boost pipe. It also explains the failure to idle issue. have a look around for lines near the intake manifold that have split.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.