Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all

I am disabled and looking to buy a used Ford Galaxy 2.0TD auto 2009 to 2014,

I have just been reading many horror stories <T> about the " Powershift 6 speed dual clutch auto"

So is there anyway to find out which automatic gearbox a Galaxy has before I :driving: go to look at the car?

Also do all of the 2.0 diesel engines have a cam belt? Also are any of the other automatic gearboxes any good?

Thank You.

Jason

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,495 Posts
Which powershift, there are two.
The one that gives/gave horrendous problems is the dry clutch 6DCT250 which was fitted to petrol low engine powered Ford's, mainly Fiesta, also fitted to Citroen and Renault.
The better trans is the 6DCT460.which has wet clutches and totally different to the other one.
Most important, on the 6DCT450 it is imperative that the transmission oil and filter is replaced every 37,500 miles or 3 years, whichever occurs first. If you cannot see invoice proof, don't buy it.
Not sure about 2009 spec but later ones will be powershift.
To make sure which trans is fitted stick the vin number into Ford ETIS site

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you TreborB for the fast and perfect reply.

I have a 2008 Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.8 TD auto, which I love, but I need a second newer car, and after looking at them all in my price range of £4500 we have decided a Ford Galaxy will fill our gap perfectly .

I just got worried due to the amount that I have seen for sale with auto gear box problems.

Thank You

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.