Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I own a mondeo 97 2.0 4 cylinder with manual transmission. It is difficult to change to the second gear but the others work quite good. I have heard from some people that a fluid change could help but how?? I bougth a repair book but it didn`t describe how to change the transmission fluid. I would be very grateful if someone could describe this for me. :whistling:

·
MEG Corporal
631 Posts
undo the lower screw cap thingy (8mm hex head) - its in between two of the re-inforcing bits.

Let the oil drain into a suitable pan.

Replace the screwcap thingy -

open the top one, and squirt in 2.6??(correct me if im wrong) litres of gear oil, or until the fluid comes back out of the hole. when the fluid your putting in comes back out the hole, then the correct amount of gear oil is in. replace the top screw plug thingy. your all done :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
yeah its about 2.5 to 2.7 litres

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
i think ford sell that mtx 75 stuff, i brought three bottles from fords which was from castrol, i think they came out cheaper than halfords which seemed weird to me, ill have to look at the bottle for the proper name it said on the bottle because he said i needed a specific type for my car :eyesup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Huy fellas! Thnx Allot for the replys. :thankyousign: Robwilliam you asked of some gearboxoil recommendations and i think that Valvolines Synthethic oil works good,it did a great job on my gearbox. I know that they sell it almost everywhere in Sweden but i don`t know if you can get it in Great Brittain. It`s cheap and people in the spare part stores say that it is just as good as the Castrols Gear box oil.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
what grade?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry but i don`t know because this time the mechanical workshop did the gearbox oil change. The only thing i know is that they used a thin synthetic Valvoline oil.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
ok last time i changed mine in my old mk2 i used sx75-90w semi synthetic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts