Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a few years since I was here, I had a mark 2 2.5 Ghia X then but now I have a Mark 3 2.0 Ghia Mondy and I don't appear to be getting any hot air from the heater, does anyone know how to check if the matrix is blocked and if it is how I can unblock it?

Cheers

Darrell

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
i would push a hose in the pie and give it a blast until clear water comes out, that usually works

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
what a waste of a 'pie' :tongue: :tongue: , sorry , couldnt resist , the old fashioned way used to be too 'massage' the hoses once it was warmed up to get the water to move around the system , not sure if that is applicable anymore though :sad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Istvan,
I did find somewhere on here a brief on how to do a diagnostics routine via the dash mounted controls, it went something like " Hold off and footwell buttons for more than 2 seconds then release and press Auto within 1.5 seconds, you should see a graphic display which will show a set of numbers."

Well I tried this plus numerous other computations and nothing happened so i'm a little confused on where to go from here. Is there a way to reset it as I can't find anything that says there is other than taking it to a stealership and paying them a hundred quid for the pleasure?

Appreciate any help here as it's getting colder and my little 'uns are starting to complain about having to go in the cold car !!!

Cheers

Darrell

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Superb news, I found Istvan's previous post on heater resets and just tried it, IT WORKED FIRST TIME .

Thanks Istvan and thank you to those others that replied to my post.

Have a very merry Christmas.

Rgds

Darrell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.