Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Focus 1.6 tdci estate. I need to drain the diesel tank. Tried siphoning, hose cannot get into the tank. I’ve heard that I can disconnect a pipe from the filter and turn on the ignition. This should empty the tank???
Hope someone has a good idea.

·
Super Moderator
29,796 Posts
Only if there is an electric lift pump in the tank. If not you could get a suction pump on the filter or fuel line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ender up having to Jack up the car, remove the filer hose from the tank and shoving a 4’ long tube through the neck and finally emptied the tank. Ball ache of a job, but got there in the end. A pump in the tank would have been handy, but hey ho, life goes on.
And all of this hassle because, of the steering assist fault, car would intermittently go into tick over mode. Yer man came with his super dooper tester thingy, cleared a mass of errors checked the sensors and said it was good to go. Huh, it went about 500 metres, then tick over again, but this time the dash board warnings went into disco mode. So we decided to scrap the car. I mean after 396000 kiolometres and having to go for MOT in a couple of weeks and knowing that it was going to cost about £2500 to fix the stuff that I knew about, not the stuff the tester might find, and then trying to fix the errors. Scrap!!! When the car runs, it goes well, but after 6 times getting towed to a workshop for different problems. Scrap!!!
Sorry for going on and on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts