Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Little Megger
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a MK1 estate that is about to make its final journey to the scrap yard in the sky. The fuel tank is 3/4 full and I would like to empty it before it goes.
Have tried syphoning but only end up with petrol breath for 3 days (does it have anti syphoning device?) Wife wants the car off the drive yesterday, any ideas of how to empty fuel tank!

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
it has a filter in the neck to stop syphoning.
lift rear seat and with a bolster chisel and hammer knock off the retaining ring and lift out the sender unit and do it that way mate. :L

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
you could always use the fuel pump to pump the petrol out. Im not sure if it will work by just switching the ignition on. But you can always put a 12v supply across teh terminals and let it pump away

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
sparker said:
you could always use the fuel pump to pump the petrol out. Im not sure if it will work by just switching the ignition on. But you can always put a 12v supply across teh terminals and let it pump away
Thats how i've done it in the past, disconect the fuel supply line in the engine bay and put it in a fuel can then put a 12v supply straight to the fuel pump and let it pump it out for you.

Steve

·
MEG Sergeant
1,308 Posts
ww unscrewed the valve on the fuel rail just enough to get the petrol to come though with out the engine stalling stuck a pipe on the end and pumped it straight into another car :)

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
soomo said:
it has a filter in the neck to stop syphoning.
lift rear seat and with a bolster chisel and hammer knock off the retaining ring and lift out the sender unit and do it that way mate. :L
thats what i did to mine i had not long filled the tank so iwasnt leaving it in there i got 50 litres out anyway and when i got my new car i put it in there lol.

·
Big Megger
321 Posts
sparker said:
I just put 12v across the terminals on the connector under the back seat and used the pipe off the fuel filter (the one that comes from the fuel tank obviously), although as mentioned above, using a fuel pipe in the engine bay may be easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.