Ford Automobiles Forum banner

I can’t get lane assist or traffic sign recognition to work

10K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Kieran5059 
#1 ·
I’ve just taken delivery of a Mondeo Titanium 1.5 ecoboost. I can’t seem to get lane assist or traffic recognition to work. The information panel allows me to set up but when I press the button on the end of the indicator stalk nothing happens on the dash or otherwise. Is there a fault with the system?

#2 ·
a19aef5697a8601112fdfa3a4d825e77.jpg

You should get two lines, one either side of the car graphic as seen in the pic above, when you push the button on the end of the indicator stalk for lane keep assist. It would appear you have a fault if this doesn't happen.

The traffic sign recognition is another menu, it is not switched on with the button on the end of the stalk. Once switched on in the menu you should have two circular symbols beside the car graphic. One will display the speed limit and the other will show when there is a no overtaking restriction.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I’m not getting the display your showing. Also, I’ve seen that on the info display under driver alerts I’m getting a message saying “system malfunction”. I’ve not had a car with this level of driver assist before so it’s all a bit new to me and didn’t appreciate what I was looking for. It will be going straight back to the garage tomorrow morning.

#5 ·
Hi

Note lane markings only appear over something like 40mph.

Peter

#6 ·
I also do not have "car graphic" and under "driver alerts" have a message "system malfunction".

The traffic sign recognition - I have only two wheels without signs. Nothing changes while driving.

Mondeo MK5 2015.

If anyone knows more about this topic, please give me info.

Jack

#8 ·
Hi

Not sure if this is the camera in the screen or sensor in front grill.

Peter

#10 ·
hi. i have a 65 plate mondeo ecoboost.
speed limit recognition lane recognition were working fine since the day i got the car 2 years ago then suddenley stopped working, also auto high beam headlights has stopped working.
did anyone give a resolution to your initial question ?

#11 ·
Hi I’m wondering if anyone ever got anywhere with this and that ye are still here I have a 2015 mondeo and my sign recognition and lane assist isn’t working it will stay on for about 20 seconds after starting the car and then the car and lines disappears and nothing happens when I press the indicator it also doesn’t detect signs if I drive before it dissapears it would detect the sign and lanes and then dissapear a few seconds after I’ve cleaned the camera, changed the fuse and disconnected and re connected it this is driving me crazy please tell me someone has an answer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.