Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've done a search on this and not turned anything up so I hope someone here can help me:

I'm interested in buying a Mondeo TDCi but I haven't been able to find out how you can tell whether one is a 130BHP or 115BHP model.
Is there an easy way to tell?

I'll check elsewhere on the forum for anything in particular to look out for when buying but if anyone has anything they'd like to add it'd be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Chris

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
If you're looking at a pre-facelift car (pre '03) then they'll all be 130bhp cars. If you're buying a facelift car, there should be a sticker under the bonnet to identify the power output (in kW I think). Should also be on the V5, but there is scope for error in that :}

Chris

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
ScoobyChris said:
If you're looking at a pre-facelift car (pre '03) then they'll all be 130bhp cars. If you're buying a facelift car, there should be a sticker under the bonnet to identify the power output (in kW I think). Should also be on the V5, but there is scope for error in that :}

Chris
[color:purple]Let me be the first to correct you there :laugh:[/color]

The 115 was released at the back end of 2002 to replace the TDDi option (in the UK anyway) so there are pre-facelift 115 TDCi's. The facelift was introduced around the middle of 2003, so there are some 53 registered pre-facelift cars (I have seen an 04 one near work).

Anyway, easiest way to check is register on www.etis.ford.com and put in the Reg number of said vehicle - hey presto, you have your answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyway, easiest way to check is register on www.etis.ford.com and put in the Reg number of said vehicle - hey presto, you have your answer
Thanks Dave - that's exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for.
Cheers

Chris

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
No problems :L

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
DavePage said:
[color:purple]Let me be the first to correct you there :laugh:[/color]
I stand corrected :thumbup:

Just checked Parkers and they say the 115bhp TDCI was introduced in March 2002 and the facelift occurred in June 2003 so there probably are a lot of pre-facelift ones! :D

Chris

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
Expect the V5 to lie as people will cheat to get more cash from a sale, but the plate on the side of the engine should be right. Dave Page's website link should be something you visit before buying though.

Bro nearly got stung by the same tricks :eyesup:

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Think Ive read that on Parkers Chris, but not sure its actually right because I have seen other places where its contradicted. From other sources I read the 130 was apparently officially released around March 2002, meaning there are a very few 51 Reg ones knocking about (most release before March as they were demondstrators). I also read the 115 Model was then released around 6 months after, about August time as a replacement to the TDDi (so most are 52 Reg onwards) in the UK and an alternative in other European countries (as the TDDi lived on for a year or so in 90ps and 115ps form - apart from in the UK). Not sure if there are any official facelift model TDDi's though (although mine has the facelift rear lights :) )

Not sure what is the official timeline though as there are a few conflicting dates being banded about - although the above seems the most quoted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.