Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, my mother in law has Ford Fiesta mk7 2010 and the ignition key wouldn’t turn (common problem with these models iv found) so with abit of tinkering with the key trying to turn it on and off whilst turning steering I was able to get the ignition barrel to turn to no.1 position to be able to remove lower trims and remove the ignition barrel, i have fitted a new ignition barrel but now the steering lock is jammed on, ignition will turn now with ease and vehicle will start no problem but still unable to drive vehicle because the steering lock is on, is this a common issue? Has anyone else come across this or has happened to you? Ideas on how to remove the steering lock so the car can be used please. It has to be said that I am a mechanic but of all the ignition barrels iv replaced iv never come across this issue, hoping to seek some advise please not criticism as don’t know a lot about the newer Ford models first time working on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts