Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also have a Sony MP3 headunit I'm thinking of fitting (see Facia removal question lower down) I have an 04 diesel estate, will I have the same issue with the lad who posted the original question here? If so, I'll probably flog the Sony and attach my personal MP3 player through the external connection in the glove box...

Cheers
Gaz W

·
MEG Monster
1,200 Posts
I would strongly recommend the mp3 unit as i have one, and its wicked.
Have you got a piccy of your center console ??
Will be able to tell then it you need to change it over :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Sony MP3 is fitted now using the old consul and cutting the back out of it, its about 3mm proud at the top & bottom, but will do until the proper consul arrives. I have to confess the sound is excellent and thats without it being configured. Is there any benefit in changing the door speakers next, if so does anyone have any recommendations.

·
MEG Monster
1,200 Posts
Hiya,
I upgraded to the pioneer TS-H687, i got these from a fellow megger, they are wicked, the sound is crystal clear, i would recommend, take a look at my garage and see the piccys.

·
MEG Monster
1,200 Posts
I bought them from a Jacks-ST-Mondeo he's a fellow megger, I paid 78 delivered for 4 of em :)
And they look good through the door grills, there very easy to replace, and its a simple swap over.

·
Registered
39 Posts
[quote name=*Mav*]Hiya,
I upgraded to the pioneer TS-H687, i got these from a fellow megger, they are wicked, the sound is crystal clear, i would recommend, take a look at my garage and see the piccys.
[/quote]

So are these 6 x 9" s, any limitation on depth ?

·
MEG Monster
1,200 Posts
6x8's drop Jacks-St-Mondeo a pt and see what he's got, nice feller to deal with, ya can't go wrong :L

·
Likes to make the impossible just happen
1,073 Posts
I have one of the CDX-GT700D's and I wouldn't be without it now. Really good stereo. Clear as a bell and I have also connected I-Pod Connector, second cd changer, md changer, PS2 and even my laptop can plug in. Heres a pic of it

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All of this is bob on, however, I was referring to the post by the bloke who said it would cost him another seventy five nicker to get the Sony to play in his car (sujmmit to do with anti theft or summit) and the stereo had to be matched up by a Ford stealer.... is this right enough, if I take my CD6000 (??) out (when I figure out how to get the facia off) will I be able to slot my MP3 head unit in, switch on and play?

Cheers
Gaz W

PS, a Playstation in yer motor? Wayyyyy cool....

·
Likes to make the impossible just happen
1,073 Posts
Yes mate its 2 ps2 wireless controller ports. If you are able to view the garage have a look. and the window switch used to run my boot release and filler cap but they have propper switches now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Sony unit wont fit in the consul of the 6000CD, you have to replace the centre consul. It costs a lot but its worth it. You have the cost of the unit, centre consul and then have to get the unit configured by a Ford stealer. The Ford dealer I got my unit from told me that it would go straight in where the 6000CD unit was, when questioned thet told me to cut out the original consul to get it fit, did that but it 5mm proud at the front. You have no choice but to change the consul. The unit works fine but until its configured, the time & date cant be set. Ford even have to select the type of trim fitted in your car when configuring the unit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Right, bugger it, sold the Sony (for a nice profit) and am now concidering looking on ebay for the R6000MP3 or a CD Changer for under the passenger seat (though I do have the cutout in the boot), will the standard single cd headunit recognise a multichanger if I fit one or do I need to match the head unit to the changer and secondly, if I get the standard (Ford Mondeo) MP3 player with radio code can I just swap them over, stick in the code and away we go or do I need to take it to Ford to get it recoded?

Whilst I'm here, if I swap the batteries on my key fob will I need to recode the key chip or have I got some grace whilst changing?

Ta all
Gaz W

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.