Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realy hope some one can help me seems as though i cant afford bullets! i bought a mondeo from leeds on the way home (after a few miles) i found it extremely hard to get into gear and as i pulled onto our close it seemed the clutch gave out totaly.i got some one out to have a look and he said the selector had buggered up and took the clutch with it..(the presure plate was a right mess) he suplied and fitted a new clutch and selector upon putting it all back together discovered it turns over nicely but will not start! at all.. from what i can gather it seems there is no spark .. before this it used to start at the touch of the key everytime (i used to go out to run it a bit while it was stood on the drive and i was waiting for himto come and fix it ) now he seems to be losing interest(stupidly i paid him upfront).... to me it souds like the immobiliser has activated and when i lock the door now i get a series of beeps from under the bonnet (never used to do that).... anyone got any ideas/help/info...... i am dissabled and need my car but i have the feeling i might have just been stitched up

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
there are a shed loads of wires and sensors that may need disconnecting or have been disturbed by the changing of the clutch and selector, just make sure there are no loose cables or bits on the gearbox that look too clean ( could mean somat used to be there and is now not. )

probably a load of crap but it may help. :L

Reason i say it is i have seen a fair few posts that say it turns over but no spark and they usually have ended up being a sensor that is either dodgy or disconnected. ( crank position sensor seems to spring to mind )

·
Banned
716 Posts
Sorry the post does not make sense. It seems to read that you had just bought a Mondeo in leeds, and that has you drove it home it broke down. yet you go on to say how it did not used to beep, and how it used to strat first time etc. Could you clarify your post and also give details of the age and model etc of the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
well i bought the car it broke down (clutch etc) we managed to get it home on the driveway. while i was waiting for the guy to come and repair it (must have been a week or so) me and the wife were going out and cleaning it up inside and out starting it etc just to keep the batery going. and it was starting realy easy.When we had finished and locked it up the central locking worked but no beeps (to me this was normal) but since this guy did the clutch etc it no longer starts at all and when i lock the doors now i turn the key and the centeral locking kicks in but i also get 4 or 5 bleeps from under the bonnet

sorry if this is confusing i am confused my self :( its a 1.8 1995 lx

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
sounds like he has disturbed the under bonnet sensor, might have to check that and it is immobilising the car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ty for the info i will get some one to check all the sensors and stuff i will let you know how it goes

Thnx for your input :) :thankyousign:

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
The beeping should have happened before, it confirms that the alarm is set. Perhaps a door or the bonnet was not closed properly and now is.

The crank position sensor sounds likely to me too.

Did he drive the vehicle home to you after replacing the clutch?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry im not to good at this forum thing.... he actualy came out here to do the clutch i think i will invest in a workshop manual and find the crank sensor n give it a wiggle :) :L

·
MEG Corporal
1,387 Posts
Hi Floyd,
Sorry, but I'm a bit confused too. You say you bought the car from leeds, didn't you take it for a test drive before you bought it, and if it was difficult to get into gear, why didn't you turn around, and take it back, and when you got home and the clutch went compleatly, why didn't you get on the phone and sort something out with the bloke you bought it off, was it a dealer, or private, is there a garentee with it? If a man came out and changed the clutch for you, I would get on to him, tell him "since you fixed the clutch it won't start". I don't see why you should pay more money out. Did he start the car after he changed the clutch?
As far as the alarm is concerned, the first press of the button locks ALL the doors, the second press deadlocks ALL the doors and arms the alarm/immoberiser. When the alarm/immoberliser is armed, the car will "beep" or the indicators will will flash to confirm this, is this what your car is doing, if it is, it's working normally. You could try looking at this.

http://www.mirez.co.uk/AlarmProbs.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts