Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just recently my bonnet on my 2000 st24 doesnt want to shut.its getting worse too.its started off taking 2or3 times but last night it took me 15 mins and i was in a rush!!!is there some common problem with them?
i have bonnet lifters fitted, could these be the prob?theres no damage anywhere, like the bonnett doesnt hit anything in the bay..
im well puzzled?
anyone got any thoughts?
thanks guys. :L

·
MEG Corporal
2,801 Posts
Have you only just fitted the bonnet lifters? are they too long? (a problem a few peole have had including myself, where mondeo lifters would be too long for the MK2 but fine on a MK1. Got Corsa B lifters in the end).

Another thought, is the mechanism of the bonnet catch freely moving? and also is the bonnet release lever in the car returning back to position after you've pulled it?

·
MEG Sergeant
2,338 Posts
i had to put corsa b lifters on mine too & remove another bolt out of the wing as it was just catching. then had to play around with the bonnet catch until i got it to sit right :L

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had a look today whilst changing the fuel filter, the whole mechanism is covered in thick grease!its all clogged up and not moving particulrly freely!il shall clean it up and then report back with some pics to explain the problem (for others future reference too)
:L

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Maybe take off the lifters and get the bonnet sitting right without them. Then just remove the right bolt and while someone is holding the bonnet still put the lifters back on. That way the bonnet shouldn't movce out of place.

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fixed it - it was the bonnet release cable covered in cack, and the little rubber sleeve that is just before the 'nipple' had popped out of location in the mechanism, so i just uswed a flathead screwdriver to push it back into place, and its now fine.simple problem but leading to a nightmare situation.
hope this helps anybody doing a search.!!!! :L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.