Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MEG general
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went into my local ford dealers today to pick up some bits and the next thing i know is that i am test driving a 1 year old st220 and oh my god i think its love. wot a car its got 20,000 miles on it, private plate and its marked up at £15995. do you peop;r think its dear and wot do you think i could squeeze them for? ;)

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,547 Posts
what is the private plate,anything interesting.
if you like it go get it,and you have the wad,!! :L

·
MEG general
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no the plates nothing interesting. just used to hide the year i spose. and it will be on finance but will be paying about £6000 deposit. i just dont know if to squeeze him for as many extras as possible

·
The Saabnessness is mine!
2,893 Posts
For a 1 year old car that seems a good price, since 3/4 year old ones with 30-40k on em are going for around £10-11k mark.

I must admit I can see where you are coming from, I was looking at a brand new one for £25k on Wednesday. It looked gorgeous. I even offered the missus as a trade in, but they weren't interested.

Ford told me that Ford Direct versions of the ST220 fairly fly off the forecourt.

·
MEG Captain
3,040 Posts
thats what i paid for mine 12 months old but with 4500 miles on it
i think the mileage is fairly high at 20k but not unreasonable
also be prepeared for a 4k loss in the next 12 months
other than that what you waiting for :L

·
MEG Corporal
1,133 Posts
There are plenty of 54 plate ST220's with less than 10k miles available at the supermarkets for around £13999.

Have a look at Direct Cars

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
too many miles and over priced,even fully loaded ones(and i mean every option) are £16K after 6 months with no more than 10k miles!!

·
MEG general
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeap went to the dealers this morning. and just to put the right info on the site its a '05' plate st220 and its got 2000 miles on the clock not 20000 that i thought and its an ex demo and they said it will come with a full tank of petrol and a set of mats wot else do you think i could get out of them. :thankyousign:

·
2,893 Posts
This is a little ridiculous, these cars depreciate stupidly don't they, as I mentioned earlier I saw a new one in a dealers for 25k. 6 months on and 2000 miles and it's down to 16k - 9k drop, madness.

Can ask for tax I suppose, what about an uprated stereo. I think they did several variants.

·
2,893 Posts
Dave, what's happening to your plan of getting a ST220? You've got 20 days left by my reckoning.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
That's life i'm afraid,one reason i have decided not to buy new :( I'd love to the first ass in the seat but not for that kind of loss :(

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
ReggieK said:
Dave, what's happening to your plan of getting a ST220? You've got 20 days left by my reckoning.
20 day's???Q1 2007??!! lol,with the new car around the corner i would be mad to buy it this year,i've waited this long..........

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
studley73 said:
yeap went to the dealers this morning. and just to put the right info on the site its a '05' plate st220 and its got 2000 miles on the clock not 20000 that i thought and its an ex demo and they said it will come with a full tank of petrol and a set of mats wot else do you think i could get out of them. :thankyousign:
still not a great deal unless it's got sat nav,xenons and reversing sensors.

·
2,893 Posts
[quote name=Daves V6]
ReggieK said:
20 day's???Q1 2007??!! lol,with the new car around the corner i would be mad to buy it this year,i've waited this long..........[/quote]

Doh, got year wrong :whistling:

Can't wait forever, by the time you buy one it'll be the ST300 :D

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
No i won't wait for ever ;) It's will be one year in May since i first test drove one. Fact is the Mk3 will be replaced Q1 2007,that will either hit values on the Mk3's or i will love the ST version of that car and get that :D I really wanted to save up the ££ to buy a brand new 220,having seen 6 month old ones loose £7-8K i really can't either afford or bare to loose that much cash on a car!! I'll keep saving,i plan to but Q1 2007,i just want to wait and see what the new car is like and see if values drop on the Mk3's. In reality the values should drop however there will be no ST version of the new car for probably 12 months-this is when i hope a lot of existing ST owners will be off loading their cars ready for the new model :D That's the plan anyway,i've had the Mk1 nearly 10 years now-what's another 10-12 months? Hopfully the new car will be at the Paris Motorshow THIS year........

·
MEG Sergeant
1,156 Posts
When considering whether this is a good deal or not consider this piece of information:

Broadspeed.com can get you a UK main dealer supplied, brand new, 0 miles ST220 for £17k.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Fox2 said:
When considering whether this is a good deal or not consider this piece of information:

Broadspeed.com can get you a UK main dealer supplied, brand new, 0 miles ST220 for £17k.
Exactly! And a FULLY loaded one for £21K!! That would be near £28K @ a dealers. Some on here argue they aren't new as they are pre reg :eyesup: They are FACTORY ORDERED! As new as a dealers just with a leasing company name on the v5 for 6 months.

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,547 Posts
Someone on here is IN LOVE with his right hand.
And it cost nowt.
But i can't say who that would be telling. ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm also looking to buy an ST220 this year, I was going to wait to see what the new model was like, but I heard somewhere on MEG that Ford will probably be dropping the 3L V6 engine :angryfire: , if that's the case then I will definitely be going for the Mk3 derivitive.

Has the V6 issue been confirmed by Ford at all :confused:

If so, does anyone know if they will they be replacing the unit with something of comperable power :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts