Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hampshire & Surrey Meets Organiser
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well someone locked the previous thread (any reason why?) so i've had to create a new one.

27-12-06 11:11 PM - Post#1102171
In response to percyt

* percyt Said:

Hi there percybigun,

Can you let me know how to bypass the immobiliser as I might be having the same problem as you.

I'm going to do the soldering tomorrow but if it don't work after that - i'll need to bypass it.

Many thanks,

Darren

E mail sent m8.

Just a little pointer here to save you some diagnostics cash !!

If the Bosch system is faulty then any Ford fault reader will not communicate with the ecu or any other part of the ignition system. This is because the Bosch system works on the fuel pump, injector primers and the starter motor. SO, word of warning is that if your ford man says your ecu is fubared as he cant communicate with it, check the bosch first !!!!!
MODDING IS FOR FOOLS
STANDARD CARS ROOLZ

Citrine site is here
http://www.freewebs.com/anglianut/index.htm

Recieved Anglianut's mail and although I can hear the fuel pump prime - the car fails to start. :thumbdown:

I'm bridging the right side as there needs to be 6 wires and the other side has 5 and i've rechecked the document that Anglianut sent me so now i'm a bit knackered!!

So if someone could get back to me either on here (I check at least twice a day) or get me on msn percyt2k at hot mail dot com i'd be greatly appreciated!!

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
I would say the last was locked for security. We have to be careful about what is posted about immobilisers online as I am sure you will understand

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I understand - that's why I didn't put too much detail into my post.

Thing is, If I don't get the car going - it's going to have to go visit the scrappy and i'll have to get something else!

So please - if anyone can help me get it going, please get in touch!!

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOO HOO!

GOT THE CAR GOING!

I was scratching my head for ages and went out to have yet another look at the car.

Checked the loop backs and they were ok.

Now, when I bought the car - there was a relay laying behind the battery with 4 wires attached wrapped up in insulation tape - 2 going to the battery terminals and 2 going to a thick wire which comes out of wiring loom near to where the main +ve battery lead goes (I'll post a photo when I can - will make more sense)

This thick wire had been cut and the relay wires spliced into it.

So I thought - Ford didn't do this so lets see what happens when I remove the relay and rejoin the wires.

30 seconds later the car has started and engine running!

So what the hell was that relay for?

As I said - i'll post pics when I can get chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.