Not too bad a job, extras you will need is a washer bottle with the low level switch, a coolant tank low level switch and an outside temperature sender, optional is the brake pad sensor wiring and the bulb failure module (big job!)
To wire it in involes runnuing 5 wires into the engine bay, the power etc can be taken from the clock wiring and the door ajar wiring needs to go to the central locking module in the drivers footwell. Takes a full day to do.
Where is the central locking module? My Mondeo hasn't remote control module to lock the doors... Will it have the central locking module anyway? Does anybody show me a picture to see where would be it? And another question... which pins are the door ajar signals?
No, if you have the 3 plugs, you have the module, and maybe you have one.
But it's possible to fit the aws without, having the central door lock module, I've done it on my car, but you have to fit on each lock system, the door ajar switch(long job).
long long job... I haven't some time to do it. I've already installed the trip computer and I have built and installed the auto lock system and automatic emergency lights which shine intermittently when the car does an abrupt deceleration (I have done the hardware and the software), but now I'm working in another city and I haven't garage and time to do more things. :thankyousign:
You could divide your aws fitting by doing them by stage. 2 doors by day (2 days), engine sensors and hatchback (1 day), and the best for the end the fitting of the aws.
I done it as that but more long time as I fitted in the same time, the cruise control, I took 5 days (3 weekends).
It's pity that spain is far from north of france, I shall have been able to help you and lend my garage.
You know I look for an auto lock motion system from a time, and don't find anything, how did you make it? with a ÂµP? I'm really interested by your system.
Yes... its so pity I have always desired to fit the AWS, but it's a really hard job... so much more hard than fit the trip computer, which I fitted in November.
I'll explain my little project done for the auto-lock and emergency system. It's a little circuit composed by:
* 3 relays (one for open doors, one for close the doors and the third controls the emergency lights),
* one microcontroller 16F84A (it has 1KB FLASH memory for the program),
* a L293B driver for activate the relays and control the trip computer's LED (it will simulate an alarm when the car is off and the doors closed, it shines if the amount of fuel is low and also it will indicate an error on the module or on the central locking system),
* a little speaker for do a beep when a trip computer's button is pushed or when the amount of fuel is low. It also beeps at other times (if the emergency system is activated when the deceleration is abrupt, if the auto-lock is activated when the car is off indicating that the car will be closed 1 minute after the car is off to remember getting the keys, ...).
The software is written in C language and compiled for the 16F84A microcontroller. It controls:
* the real time vehicle speed
* locks the doors when the car goes from 14 Kms/h to over 15 Kms/h (aceleration to run on the city)
* locks the doors when the car goes from 31 kms/h to 30 kms/h (deceleration to stop the car)
* unlocks the doors when the car goes from 79 kms/h to 80 kms/h (for our security, aceleration to run on the road)
* unlocks the doors if an abruptly deceleration is detected (the security is very very important!!!)
* flashes the emergency lights if an abruptly deceleration is detected and keeps them flashing until we acelerate the vehicle after 10 seconds from the dangerous moment
* Also controls malfunction of the central locking system
* Uses the trip computer's LED for simulate an alarm when the car is off and locked,
* If the car is off when the doors is locked and then the doors are open, the auto-lock mode is activated for close the doors automatically 1 minute after we go out of the car, or 30 seconds after it if the mode is activated when we was out of the car. This mode will be deactivated when the car is on. If the car is off and the doors aren't locked any time, this mode will be keeping off until the doors are locked and then unlocked again.
If do you want I can explain what the input/outputs are configurated in the microcontroller, where they are connected and I can send you the software for programming the microcontroller. It's very easy to do :L .
Really interesting module! :first: for your manufacturing
It's funny you said it's easy to do, as I think that it's easier to fit the aws (you just have to route wires lol)
I will be insterested in one, will you be ok to program the PIC (with some modifications)for me and give schematics,list of the parts,etc...?
as I'm not enough familiar with Âµcontrollers (just with programming languages)
Of course, I'll help you!!!! I will draw an schematic and I'll send it to you. Programming the PIC is easy... you just need a microcontroller programmer card (its very cheap, don't worry) and the ICProg software (I can send you it and also you can download it from Internet, it's freeware). I can send you the module's software to program the PIC. When it will be built, it will be connected to:
* 12V and ground
* the wire which indicates if the car is on or off
* the trip computer's LED
* the trip computer's output (the Interface Instrument Module output wire)
* the VSS signal
* to a little speaker
* to each side warning lights
* and, of course, to the central locking open and close wires
You can search all these signals and wear them to the place where you want to allocate the module. I have installed it under the cluster at the driver's side (you can see the place in the picture).
I looked for a microcontroller programmer card, and it's around 67â‚¬, a bit expensive, where I could find a cheaper programmer?
Could you do a list of the parts required?
I found where to fit this module, in my engine bay near my alarm (all wires are already there), but as I've already the IIM I don't need a speaker.
What kind of signal is for the trip compter's led? because I've a pulsed signal from my alarm but it never stops, it shows the diagnostic of it.
My question is, Is it possible to put this pulsed signal into your module and to stop this when the car is running?