Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pre FL Mondeo 2.5T Titanium X
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I've done some digging around on the topic but can't seem to find much info about this. I have a Pre FL 2008 Mondeo 2.5T Titanium X. It has the Convers+ dash with the big screen. A few days ago, when I started driving, there were some vertical lines flashing in the middle of the screen and after a while they just became this:
Automotive design Gadget Automotive lighting Font Flat panel display

For reference, this is the dash (cause I know there are a few types) since it's hard to see from the photo:
Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Vehicle Sky

Now from the limited knowledge I have with electronics, it seems like the screen broke somehow, I haven't taken the dash off or anything, this just happened, which is weird.

Anyone had this before?

I tried to find the screen alone so I could swap it out, since I'm not sure if there might be problems communicating with the rest of the car modules if I change the whole dash (plus if I can just buy the screen, there's no point in changing the whole dash). But I can't seem to find a reliable site for europe from where to search for something like this .

Perhaps a full instrument cluster swap is my only option ?

Thanks for your time and hope to get some insight into what I can do to fix this!

Best regards,
kyukov

·
Registered
436 Posts
I don't think this is a hardware error. If it was mine, i would have started by reflashing the firmware. But for this you need special tools and knowledge. I would suggest you to buy a used one, as it could be found for around £80-100

·
Super Moderator
30,049 Posts
Looks like the type of fault with a loose connection?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Yes definitely a hardware issue, but no chance of fixing it other than replacing the display. If you want to keep the mileage etc, find another unit and just swap out the screen.

It's where the flat-flex pcb has come away from the TFT driver IC or where the driver itself has failed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 Edge had developed a screen which has black lines messing up reading the data, except it does still show the total miles covered, 108100. But sometimes it jump to, 100100! Everything else on the dashboard is fine. But I'd love to know how to fix these two issues especially before my next MOT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts