Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Little Megger
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I need a little help regarding repair cost vs write off with insurance.

I had an accident which has caused damage to the drivers wing and front bumper. The headlight is ok so hope its just the bumper and wing.
On drivers side is pushed in and i cant open bonnet.

The issue is that i am now worried that the insurer will right off the car and wanted to get thoughts on what the chance of this will be. Also can i fight thr decision if they want to write it off

Its a Ford Focus ghia 115bhp 1.6 on an 07 plate and only done 63000 miles. I have most of the service history and in good condition. i have seen values from £2500 to £3500

The car has great sentimental value as my wife bought it with he inheritance when her mother passed away

Any advice woruld be great

Steve

Attachments

·
Megger
748 Posts
You could either.....

1.let them write it off then buy it back as a cat d (uneconomical repair) and repair yourself (ask them about this....its quite a common practice if you dont mind the car being recorded as damaged,parts for a Focus shouldnt be too hard to find......get some prices from smaller local body shops.

2.not bother with the insurance if no one else has been involved or claiming and repair yourself

They may fix it though,probably a borderline case.....tbh it does not look too bad.

·
I could do with a profile pic
1,855 Posts
It won't necessarily be written off looking at that damage. Contact the insurer and see how they want to proceed then make a decision from there.

·
Little Megger
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I have call insurance (LV) who have arrange for pentagon to do the repair. Has a call from pentagon and booken in with then without comming and checking the car first. Shoukd i get them to come and quote before i take it in as its booked to go in on 16th as i need a hire car.

·
Little Megger
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All

Finaly got my car back today from Pentagon,

I am happy witht he bodywork that has been done however.

I have noticed a knocking sound from the front end when breaking. Call LV who spoke to pentagon who have advied they have done no work to the breaks.

I had a new wing and front bumper fitted. Also the mount that the headlights bolt onto. Does anyone know what they could have done to cause the knocking sound. LV have said they can get me a higher car to use until tuesday when Pentagon can look at my car. The issue is that if they say its nothing to do with them i have to pay the higher fee adn cannot afford it at this time.

any pointers would be great

Steve

·
Little Megger
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I have just cme back from a drive and have found that the noise is not just when i am breaking. Its a thumping sound and seems to get a worse during or just after turning. I cant get the carback t pentagon until tuesday so will have to drive it till then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts