·
Big Megger
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

Happy New Year to all.

This is a two part question:-

1st question:
I want to modify my internal boot light to something more powerful, the factory fit one is too dark even at the best of times, and so want to know what options have I got. Can anyone recommened anything in particular and or would this be possible mod to do?

2nd Question:
Is there an option to add a rear courtesy light in my Mondeo, again at this time of year, its gets dark quickly and the front courtesy just about lights up the front but the rear is dark. I had a Mark 2 Mondeo and I managed to get a courtesy light from the breakers and add this as per the How-to on the Mirez site.

For info I have a Mark III Mondeo, 2.0 Zetec.

Thanks everyone, and wish you all have a great 2007!

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
You can get ultrabrite LED bulbs that will fit in the boot light. Rear C/Lights can be done but I don't know much about them.

I'll be putting a Neon in my boot when I finally get round to putting my boot install in :L

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
is this any use to you :whistling: :L

·
Big Megger
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info Glen. Any chance on some more specifics please, eg what kind of cathodes, how you wired it up and all that.

Sorry but not 100% clued up on things like this so better ask.

·
Support the Vulcan XH558
2,992 Posts
[quote name=black knight]Which type of LED could be used in the boot light?

I am looking to buy a replacement LED for the main interior light so it would be good if there's one avaiable from the same place so that I can combine the postage.

Any suggestions please? ;)[/quote]

Boot lights are usually Dome lights too, not too sure as to the size yet, but I will be looking to swap them to Led ones shortly myself.

Just unclip and measure it, doesn't take long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.