Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
I guess that's a "no" then?

You thinking of upping the boost at the same time?

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
I think the intercoolers are the same across all the Mondeo diesels.

I have looked into a larger one for mine, but then it would need a remap etc to make the most of it. There is the space even with a\c fitted

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
Even with the stock setup the intercooler doesn't really get hot... so unless the turbo is tuned up or changed to give a higher boost there should be no need for a bigger cooler....

Just my thought...

Phil

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Dansmondeo said:
I think the intercoolers are the same across all the Mondeo diesels.

I have looked into a larger one for mine, but then it would need a remap etc to make the most of it. There is the space even with a\c fitted
yeah i think your right dan im pretty sure all tdci and tddi intercoolers are all the same sizes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
maybe u should up the pressure first..and see the results...with a remap u should get close to 200 bhp...preety good....intercooler...it's a costly upgrade...and u shoud think about this after u change your turbine (if), a bigger turbine should set u back 500-600 Euro and a bigger intercooler just about the same...i would choose the turbine and if u can find an iveco intercooler (maybe second hand) that should do the trick.

·
Little Megger
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happy NEW YEAR all :L
Sorry in the delay posting back, I nave been thinking of a bluefin and induction kit, Not sure of turbo upgrade!!!! would be fun though. Any thoughts?

·
Rousie
258 Posts
Sorry to bring this back up, but looking into it myself :)

Robbins: What a silly statment ;) Says the man who's had a remap and :D

Not many folks on here buy cars to keep them standard. I thought i would be happy with a 2.2, but nope, 2 months down the line and i want MORE!

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
i wonder if the 2.2 turbo is the same as the 2.0 turbo? or if the 2.2 is set up to produce more boost? nudge nudge wink wink! lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.