Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was messing about with the dashboard diagnostics the other day on my mk3 , settled on the temperature display , so i drove off and after about 1 mile the temperature gauge was upto its normal place , just left of centre but the digital one was only upto about 50 degrees c :crazy: , it tokk about another mile to reach normal , hovering in the nineties , just thought i would make the point that although you may have thought you warmed the engine up , in reality you are nowhere near warmed up :eek13: :D

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
I noticed it got to the same place you say after about 5 mins but the blowers aren't hot (usually warm) After about 10 - 15 mins, the needles in hte same place and the blowers are a lot hotter. Also, the needle never actually seems to move when warm and that includes when sitting in staionary traffic for ages.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same here , when it is warmed up the guage never moves from just below dead centre yet if you watch the digital display it can vary by as much as 12 degrees :crazy: , or is it a case of the analogue needle not being able to display such a small difference :whistling:

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
I just thought the engine was refined enought to control it's temp somehow. Ignorance is bliss I guess :} Till something goes wrong anyway.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
They should change the temp guage to the following zones:-

Take it easy
Now you can rag it
Now you can rag it more
Stop ragging it
Stop

·
Big Megger
372 Posts
remember thought that its the oil temperature you have to think about!

Oil can take about 15mins to get to its proper temperature, so don't assume that just because the water is at its correct temperature that its safe to rag it ;)

·
Megger
182 Posts
paulyoung666 said:
was messing about with the dashboard diagnostics the other day on my mk3 , settled on the temperature display ,
What's this then, how does it work?

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
press and hold the trip reset when you start the car , it will sweep the gauges and then you can press the trip reset to scroll through various bits of info :L

edit ---- look here first and then cross reference it with this :L

·
Megger
182 Posts
Interesting, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.