Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Megger
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , everyone . Im new to the site , and to Ford Mondeos ..have been reading the forum for a couple of week and have done some of the mods discussed i.e rear courtesy light / Ghia X front courtesy light / footwell lights / rear footwell lights etc ...all working breat and a real improvement ...I can believe that the holders were in place for the frontfootwell lights and didnt have the bulbs fitted ! ...anyway , what I'd lke to do is switch on all interior lights without opening the door ..obviously can switch on front light from drivers seat ...is it possible to wire this light to activate all the others ? any help / suggestions would be appreciated .Cheers :question:

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
The interior lights have a permanent live. The earth is switched. You can either switch it on with the switch on the light, or open the door. The dorr opening activates a timer module, which in turn activates a relay.

Now how you would go about it is to add an earth onto a switch and just connect it to one of the earths that connect to this timer relay. The fact that its connected to a relay means that you wont do any damage to the timer module

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
Heres a wiring diagram to help

The pink wiring is the new wiring. Very easy to do, and you could mount a switch anywhere you want

Attachments

·
Megger
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:surprised: thanks for replies ...re the switch option, I've acquired the surround for the Int / light / electric sunroof ..the s roof switch is in place - could this be used ? ...if so , where would I connect it to , and does anyoe know which of the wires need to be connected to illuminate it ? ...Alternatively, is there another switch that'll go in there ? ...seat adjustment might i think ....

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
the only latch type switch that would fit in place of teh sunfoor switch is a mk1 heated seat switch. But it wont illuminate. You might be best to look for another switch that you could just drill a hole a fit it into without it looking out of place

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.