Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi there,

I've recently gotton my second mondeo (as below) and have a few plans for some small non-offensive modifications once it comes back from the insurance companies garage (I've only had it 2 and a half weeks and someones ran up the back of it already!)

I'm wondering whether or not they would actually work though, and if anyone has ever tried them.

- Replacing the seats with leathers from a Ford Probe (I like the styling)

- Replacing the instrument/clocks panel with the posher looking one from the Ford Scorpio

- Installing electric windows into the back (Currently manual)

- Replacing the standard fit CD player with a mechanical DVD/TV screen type one.

- Adding a audio system control stalk from the Ghia

I realise the CD player one doesnt sound like a lot, but im a little confused by how it will work with the big massive hole used by ford radios.

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
CD player is easy. Just take it out and the gap is taken up by a facia that you can buy from halfords.

Installing can be done but from what iv heard its a PITA. You need a floor loom from a donor car as well as the drivers door loom, and 2 rear door looms. the front passenger loom is the same on all models with front electric windows. It can be done, but expect to take a weekend during the summer (or in a garage) to do the job

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
i'm guessing sparker is on about the rear leccy windows just to clarify m8 :L

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While im on the ball here, could someone tell me why i've got a big hole in my dash under the radio?

Some pictures i'm looking at on here suggest that there is supposed to be something there on the higher spec'ed models.

What am i missing?

·
The never ending project is close to finishing
829 Posts
Heated seat switches.

Regards to probe seats, any thing can be made to fit, however it may require cutting and welding subframes, on the other hand the cougar has the same floor pan (someone will claify this) so front seats should bolt in no trouble :L

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i figured that Cougar's would go in pretty much like for like, because its based off the Mondeo floor plans and everything.
The probe being based off the Mazda GD setup could be a problem though.

I think really im going to need to find someone who likes the probe stuff and has tried it. Could take a while :p

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
Yoda said:
i'm guessing sparker is on about the rear leccy windows just to clarify m8 :L
Sorry. Wasnt thinking about it properly when i posted. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.