Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

iv bought a 300watt inverter off ebay so i can use my xbox in my car but it doesnt seem to work properly i think.

i hooked it all up and plugged it through the cigaret socket then turned it on and the LED went green saying that is fine, then i plug in my xbox and turn it on, and it works for a few seconds and somes time a few min, then it goes off and the inverter make a beeeep sound and the LED goes red for a few seconds then it back to normal untill i plug in and turn my xbox on then it does the same. it makes no difference if my cars on or off, :annoyed:

:sad: but heres the odd thing, i drove my car with the lights on and turned on my xbox and it ran fine for more than 20min, i got home left the car running and turned the lighs off and a few min later the it goes off and beeeps. ?????

im going to try it in another car tomorow to see if it works.

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
the xboxs are very power hungry. i had problems with my xbox install when i was trying to use a disc to play a game or watch a film. it i played the games off the hard drive it was fine :L maybe try that :L

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah,
all my games and fims are on the 200gb harddrive installed :woot: .
it cuts out without even playing a game . an xbox doesnt draw more than 150watt at most and it still does it when the inverter is wired directly to the battery :cool: .

the inverter gives out 300watt and 600watt peak

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
could it be those 'low voltage protection' thing in the inverter? Have got one but haven't got round using it yet. Some of them 'would' stop working if the voltage supply goes below a certain point...

Could it be why?

Just my 0.02p

Phil

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not sure. here the voltages in my car:

car off: 12.4v
car on: 14.4v
car off lights on: 11.3v

im going to go to halfords sometime and buy an inverter there and hopefully it will work.

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
off topic but can you pt me where you get your chip from please, my bloke i used to get them off has stopped doin them. ive got one here to do!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my xbox is chipped.

:tongue: i also got my chip from the same place :L

ok back to topic :eek:fftopic: . iv sent the inverter back for a refund, and have bought a
joytech in car power adaptor, the xbox one for only £11.98

this one is made for an xbox so it should work, shouldnt it :ponder:

i should get it today or tomorow

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
iv finaly got the joytech in car power adaptor, well it works :woot:.

Only one thing, when i turn the engine on the inverter cuts out (Error) :doh: probaly due to the voltage going from 12v to 14v, is there and way to solve this, is there a surge protector for you car which can limit the 12v plug to not go over 12v.
other than that i think the inverter works fine, it works when the engine is on or off but cuts out when you start the engine, its not a major issue but it would be nice if it could stay on.
:smoking:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.