Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just fitted these to my MK ST24 - followed the simple step by step instructions to the letter

everything went fine, got them on with no probs at all.........until i tried to close my bonnet!

it wouldnt fasten all the way then i noticed that it is way out of line around the front passsenger side corner - the gap between the headlight rubber seal and edge of my bonnet is huge and the whole bonnet is to close to the Passenger front wing

i dont know how the bonnet has moved cos i tightened the top screws on the bonnet brackets at bulkhead end up before taking the lower ones out to fit the gas struts

anyone experienced this? :(

·
Big Megger
279 Posts
Yes the same happend to me so I have left it for another day to attempt fitting. I may also use the other bolts than specified to fit them to as I have seen some in this forum set up differently to what is stated in the instructions emailed.

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
Mine moved a bit. It should be easy enough to set back straight if you look at where the bolt tightening has taken the paint off. Be sure your lifters aren't fouling the wing bolts too - you may need to remove to get the bonnet shut. See my fitting guide in the workshop, if you haven't already :L

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks very much - will have a play tomoz

i see in your guide pics that you have your fitted with the Thick end of the lifter at the bottom / fastened to wing

the instructions that came with mine said to put the Thick end of lifter at top / fastened to bonnet?

will swop them round tomorrow :thankyousign:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah ive managed to get my bonnet almost perfect again at the front now near the headlights

after a bit of forceful pulling on the back of bonnet!!

thanks everyone for your help ad advice :L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.