Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Big Megger
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, if ive posted this in the wrong section, i apologise. :stupid:
ive noticed an annoying vibration from the top of the dash on my 02 tdi.it doesnt do it all the time,certain road surfaces trigger it and having loads of bass on the cd with the volume over "8" also triggers it.seems to come from somewhere in the top , middle of the dash maybe near that vent under the screen? its getting steadily worse and im getting irritated because if i turn up the music to drown it out, it vibrates more with the bass. :BEEP: cant seem to find anything obvious, has anyone else had this problem ?

·
S-Edition Wagon, 240Ps 2nd one as 1st one had a br
324 Posts
jonnyloppy said:
Firstly, if ive posted this in the wrong section, i apologise. :stupid:
ive noticed an annoying vibration from the top of the dash on my 02 tdi.it doesnt do it all the time,certain road surfaces trigger it and having loads of bass on the cd with the volume over "8" also triggers it.seems to come from somewhere in the top , middle of the dash maybe near that vent under the screen? its getting steadily worse and im getting irritated because if i turn up the music to drown it out, it vibrates more with the bass. :BEEP: cant seem to find anything obvious, has anyone else had this problem ?
Hi Jonny,

My garage always tells me to play the stereo LOUDER when I complain about rattles/vibration.

Maybe, in your case, you should do the opposite?

A true answer: I had a :BEEP: loud rattle in my dash. Decided to rip it apart. Found nothing, put it back together, problem solved.

Good luck,

David

·
Big Megger
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorted !! i was looking in the wrong place. It was actually the rear view mirror arm vibrating against the bracket that attaches to the screen.weird or what, it just sounds like its from the centre of the dash. :L

·
MEG Corporal
1,133 Posts
jonnyloppy said:
sorted !! i was looking in the wrong place. It was actually the rear view mirror arm vibrating against the bracket that attaches to the screen.weird or what, it just sounds like its from the centre of the dash. :L
I had an Alfa that had a similar rattle, the dealers stripped the dash out but couldn't find anything.
By chance I was trying to clip in the sunvisor one day and the rattle stopped, turned out it was a rattle from the headlining behind the sunvisor.
The screen must reflect any rattle from the top of the screen so it sounds like it's coming from the dash.

Cheers
Lee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts