Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
i was in one the other day and the interior is so much better than the mondy!

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
I would agree. Expect servicing costs to be more though

·
MEG Colonel
5,987 Posts
i must admit i thought the the interior wasn't that nice in the x types i've driven and the suspension was too soft but it depends on what your after

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
id take the 220 over the jaguar any day even if i won the lottery, everyone will have a jag and youll just be one of the cars on the road as where i think the 220 will stick out and more people can relate to it being a ford and you will not be told of hes a snob or some $hit like that plus i guess you would look old in the jaguar, in that 5th fear even clarkson said when your 50 you see yourslef in a jag! :whistling:

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Fred22 said:
id take the 220 over the jaguar any day even if i won the lottery, everyone will have a jag and youll just be one of the cars on the road as where i think the 220 will stick out and more people can relate to it being a ford and you will not be told of hes a snob or some $hit like that plus i guess you would look old in the jaguar, in that 5th fear even clarkson said when your 50 you see yourslef in a jag! :whistling:
WHEN YOU PUT IT THAT WAY I THINK I WOULD STICK WITH THE ST220 COME TO THICK OF IT NOW AND AS YOU PUT IT THAT WAY :} :D

opps sorry about caps :(

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
you know how people are, i know you shouldnt care what they say or think of you but u must of heard when they say oh its just a bm or merc driver, no indicators, and to be honest MOST dont use the indicators, my partners dad doesnt and my partner really bollocks him really bad and tells him to use them as he needs to let people know what his intentions are and he has a BMW :eyesup: I just think with all these people piling up on bms mercs jags, the 220 stands out from the rest, when i test drove about 5 of them everytime i got into one i felt like i was really rich, even the guy who went with me was about under 30yrs didnt discriminate me and he said he really like the car but he had the zetec s fiesta as he like the way it was a quick small car, i think i would feel like an old man in a jag, driven the bm and also i feel like oldish, 220 and to me it feels more executive than my 24 but really smart :L :first:

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
percybigun said:
Gotta agree there,it just feels so much better quality,the leather and the carpets seemed to ooze a bit more class....Plus the plastic wood looked a bit more authentic :whistling:

·
Registered
90 Posts
i considered an x type before buying my car, but decided against it on 3 counts -
they are over the budget i had set.
they don't have a 5th door, which i had to have really.
they have a ....sort of 'twee' image somehow for me, a bit like a 3 series BMW, a bit....snobby but can't afford a 'proper' posh car sort of image - know what i mean?
it's just my personal take on them, don't shoot me!

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
X-type is also smaller in the rear.

Actual servicing costs shouldn't be much different as the machanicals are closely related, however Jag dealers will be v.v.expensive.

·
Daft
3,079 Posts
Pirate983 has just got one of these as a company car. Many of the components in it are from the Mondy. The engine is the same one as in my Ghia X but Jaguar have given it a 5 speed box and retarded the engine to a TDCi 128 for some strange reason. I belive the chassis is Mondy too. I have bags more legroom in the front of mine. And the Handbrake is in a really spaccy position. The boot is crap!

Cant say I was really bowled over with it but Pirate983's is a basic model so you cannot really compare the two on spec level.

Still rather have a Mondy for deffo!

·
MEG Admiral
2,554 Posts
its has the same chassis/floor plan as the mondy

·
Anything u like..
1,743 Posts
Mal said:
percybigun said:
Gotta agree there,it just feels so much better quality,the leather and the carpets seemed to ooze a bit more class....Plus the plastic wood looked a bit more authentic :whistling:
What leather? :headshake: That aint leather mate.........
:eyesup:

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
i love jags and old mans car
end of march goin 2.5v6 rover 75 then hopefully few years later when workin full time again am gonna go x type jag

LOVE THEM

·
The Saabnessness is mine!
2,893 Posts
Jag 3.0 X type is faster than ST220, according to the published figures. Dunno how it handles though.

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
I've always prefered the S type,although I seem to be in a minority....

·
Little Megger
15 Posts
I can definitely tell you that the ST220 is faster than the 3.0 X-type manual. both are fairly even if raced from the lights up to 70, after that the St will slowly start to edge out.
from a rolling start the ST is faster.

i had a go in a 3.0 sport, i wasn't that impressed, the handling was ok but it doesn't have the nice feed back or flat cornering you get in the mondeo. i thought about getting the 3.0 sport as a replacement for my ST, the jag salesman turned around to me and said the mondeo was faster because he had driven both.
x-type is nice car though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts