·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as title

·
MEG Corporal
1,033 Posts
of course, alot bigger imo. Best person to ask would be davepage as he looked into this and owned both cars and compared.

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
yes, the mk3 boot is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge compared to that of the mk2, i had a mk1, mk2 and a mk3 at the same time panda.... :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good maybe if iget one a smal lboot instal lmight be on the cards as im not planning much modding at all.

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
As above, Dave checked that for me when I was looking. The MK3 is about 25% iirc.

Oh, of course the estate is even bigger still and would take a great install :whistling:

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
loads of room for a neat sub install at one side of the boot , that will be my choice of place , if and when i do it :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a small one id want idstill like to retain space too. maybe 2 twelve inch subs and an amp that should do.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
totalguy said:
its a small one id want idstill like to retain space too. maybe 2 twelve to 15 inch subs and an amp that should do.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Hey - I got mention, yay!

It is bigger, but I'm not entirely sure by just how much cause I havent filled it yet (not been anywhere :(). I did manage to get a travel cot (big), very big suitcase, small suitcase, pram and 2 suit bags on top of that lot in the MK2 - would have no trouble doing this in the MK3 and a bit more. I think its slightly longer, definately wider and taller space than the MK2.

You wouldnt have any problems getting a small sub in there and still having loads of room for other stuff.

Blimey - I would love you to get a MK3, would be the biggest turnaround since the Champions League Final :)

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it wouldnt quite be out of choice getting one more like knowing i can get help to fix stuff on it is better than buying a car that your totally alien about.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Arent the early Focus Diesels very much like the Endura DE engine with an electronic fuel pump? Might be worth looking for one of them as you will be familiar with most of it, should be quite a few about too to choose from (I like the estates). Also wouldn't have to worry about a front mounted intercooler conversion on it cause its already done :)

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
theyre quite different actually ive seen under the bonnet on them its a very tight fit by the looks of it.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
talking about that im windering if the mk2 td maff would work on a mk3 tddi because as you know the maf is stuck to the lid of the airbox so if a mk2 td maff would work might be handy for those that want a cone filter ;)

gonna keep mine doubt it would sell anyway i might check it out if/when i get one, obviously cant check now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts